I am apprehensive about LeT's threat to Assam: Tarun Gogoi

New Delhi, Aug 19 (PTI) Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi has said he was apprehensive that Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) may target his state.

"We cannot rule out (LeT's threat). If you ask me if I have any definite proof, we may not have that, but I have my apprehensions. These people, you do not know how they work," Gogoi told PTI when asked whether there was any threat from LeT.

On being asked about any intelligence input on whether the LeT may target Assam, he said "Yes. I have no doubt.

According to me, we are not safe."

He, however, said the state police force is on alert and prepared to thwart any untoward incident.

"I have been cautioning everybody...Who knew that Mumbai will be attacked in such a way?... the government is highly cautious. The Centre is much more alert," Gogoi said.

Followers